Effective as of: October 30, 2018
You should also read our Terms of Service which set out the contract between you and The Green Venture Plantation Management Limited.
1. Who decides how your information is used?
The Green Venture Plantation Management Limited is the data controller responsible for making decisions about how we use your personal information.
2. The information we collect about you and how we use it
We need to collect and use certain Personal Data to provide the Services to you and fulfil the promises we make to you in the Terms of Service:
- When you sign up for our Services you give us Personal Data voluntarily by providing it to us, for example when you sign up for an account. We collect and use that information in order to authenticate you when you register an account and use the Services, to make sure you are eligible and able to receive the Services, and so that you receive the correct version of the Services. That information includes the username you choose to use on our Services, and internal account IDs that we assign to your account.
- We collect and use your device location information as you use our Services (and, if you elect to turn on background location tracking for our Services, while you are not directly interacting with the Services), including how you move around. Our Services include location based tracking system whose core feature is to provide a navigation to sandalwood tree, so we need to know where you are to operate these functions for you. We identify your location using a variety of technologies, including GPS, the WiFi points you are accessing the Service through and mobile/cell tower triangulation.
- We further use the information above in order to provide technical and customer support to you.
We collect information about your location in the Services, which we use to provide you with the Services, including features which are meant to personalize your experience. The information we collect may include:
- Detailed location, travel and route information. Location and route information is collected for example in the form of GPS signals (combined with a time-stamp) and other information sent by your mobile device on which TGV Planter/Grower app is installed and activated. This location and route information is saved to a route history of all of the journeys you have made while using the apps. The types of location data we collect depends in part on your device and account settings. For example, depending on your selected device settings and/or your account settings we may collect information about your location and travel (or lack thereof) also while you are not using the app, in order to be able to tell you the information about your sandalwood tree including its health, growth, location, and more;
In addition, we have and rely on a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data as follows:
- Using your IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages of our Services which you browsed or the features you used, and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Services that you click on, device identifiers, as well as actions you take to understand who is using our Services and how.
- Using your contact information, namely your email address in order to communicate with you to provide technical and customer support.
- Using your internal account ID in order to attribute to your account any user content (such as sandalwood tree location) that you elect to submit to The Green Venture Plantation Management Limited through the Services.
- Using your email address and device information in order to share updates and news about the Services with you by email. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
- To carry out relevant measures and to ensure that you and other users are complying with our Terms of Service.
- To make legal or regulatory disclosures.
We will only use your Personal Data to do the following if we have your consent:
- If you elect to turn on background location tracking in our Services we will collect your Personal Data as you use the Services as well as in the background when you do not have the Services open on your device. You can change your mind and turn off background location tracking at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
- Send you marketing materials by email or via in-app notifications. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
3. Who we share information with
We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- run, operate and maintain our mobile apps through third party platform and software tools;
- perform content moderation and crash analytics;
- run email and mobile messaging campaigns;
- perform marketing analytics;
- provide technical and customer support.
Information Shared with Third Parties. We share Anonymous Data with third parties for industry and market analysis. We may share Personal Data with our third-party publishing partners for their direct marketing purposes only if we have your express permission. We do not share Personal Data with any other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions.Information that we collect from our users, including Personal Data, is a business asset. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, will be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
4. How your Personal Data is transferred
5. How we keep your Personal Data safe
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, improperly altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your Personal Data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. How long we will keep your Personal Data
When we no longer need to use your Personal Data and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymize it so that it can no longer be associated with you.
7. Your rights and choices
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Data that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
9. Third Parties